To Empower Tomorrow’s Civic and Business Leaders Through Personal and Professional Development.
Want to grow personally and professionally while giving back to the Dallas community? Look no further as opportunities abound within the DJCC.
Serve on a Committee | Serve as a Chairman |Serve as a Board Member
If you are interested in a specific area or committee, contact the Vice President in charge for more information.
Serve as a Committee Member
Committee Volunteer Needs
Events and Programs – Successful events require marketing, logistics, sponsorship, financial, and other planning activities. There are opportunities on all our committees to be a part of this process.
Operational Support – Marketing Committee: Assist in the creation and execution of the DJCC marketing plan. Contact email@example.com.
Membership Committee – Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Serve as a Chairman
Chairs are appointed by the Board.
- You must become a member before being appointed to a chair position.
- Each chair is accountable for and leads his/her own committee.
- A Board liaison is appointed as secretary for each committee.
- The chairs are to report to the board as often as the board requires, which includes making themselves available during regular board meetings.
- The chairs are responsible for following the guidance of the board.
Five Outstanding Young Dallasites (FOYD)
- Mentor Program
- Johnny Sides
- Wine Tasting
- Easter Egg Hunt
- New positions proposed will be considered if you have any ideas
Any DJCC Member in good standing is eligible for a chair position.
Any Board Member or Member in good standing is eligible to nominate a potential Chair.
The Board of Directors will confirm a Chair from the submitted applications by majority vote at the Board meeting immediately preceding the event.
Chair positions for standing non-board committees will be confirmed by a majority vote by the incoming Board of Directors at the Board of Directors retreat or following Board meeting, whichever falls first.
Chair applications will be accepted year round by the President.
Please contact the President if you have any additional questions at email@example.com.
Serve as a Board Member
Most board positions are filled either once a year or as needed. Talk with existing board members to learn more about each position.
Nominations for board members are solicited at the November member meeting each year. Democratic general elections are held at the December member meeting. All members are eligible to vote. Winners take office in January.
All Board Members are expected to meet the following guidelines. Note: The board can vote to replace another Board Member, who fails to meet the following guidelines repeatedly.
* 1 year commitment, including 2 transition months of December 2012 and January 2013
* One-on-one Transitional Meeting,
* Attend Board Retreat in January 2013
* Must attend every Board Meeting
* Must attend every Members Meeting
* Must attend an acceptable percentage of events (TBD by 2012 board)
* Hold monthly meeting with Personal Committee of Chairs/Directors
* Written/Verbal Reports to President as requested
* Must help out with the following DJCC Signature Events
- Johnny Sides Rookie of the Year Awards
- Five Outstanding Young Dallasites
- Wine Tasting
- Beeping Easter Egg Hunt
- Presides as chair over all board meetings and member meetings
- Sets agenda for planning sessions, board meetings, and member meetings
- Ex-officio member of all committees within the organization
- Spokesperson for the organization
- The president’s goals include the organization’s goals
- Responsible and Accountable for all DJCC day-to-day operations
Chief Operating Officer
- Manage and document DJCC processes and procedures
- Ensure contracts are intact for all contractual needs
- Maintain all information technology, determining where new technology is needed to support DJCC operation
- Event logistics, such as registration
- Review and update of Bylaws as needed
- Keep physical inventory including the projector & screen
- Board Secretary
Executive Vice President
- Initial responsibilities will be to lead a committee made up of the committee chairs. One responsibility of that committee will be setting the calendar in advance
- Flexible responsibilities to allow new board to change what his/her focus should at the retreat
- Act as President’s “right hand” supporting him/her however possible
Vice President of Finance
- Oversee and report on finances of the organization
- Issue reimbursements
- File tax reports
- Track committee budgets
Vice President of Membership
- Welcoming of new members, including recruitment of prospects
- Retention and engagement of current members
- Staffing committees
- Tracking of member information including synching with state roster
- Communication with members on renewals, etc
Vice President of Communications
- Creating and sending newsletter, weekly emails, special communications
- Includes managing general distribution list of members, prospects, & other relationships
- Advertising, PR including press releases for events
- Procuring and keeping promotional items & marketing items
- Branding: look and feel of web site content & graphics, branded awards and gifts for presenters and other outside relationships
Vice President of Networking
- Responsible for planning events that are social and/or include networking
- Responsible for advising the board on keeping the organization fun
Vice President of Philanthropy
- Plans Community service events
- Is the default liaison to community leaders, including city officials
Benefits of Serving on the Board
- Free DJCC membership during board term
- Lifetime membership (until age-out) for president
- Invitations (including VIP) to numerous community gatherings and activities
- Formal and informal training beyond what members receive
- Expenses covered at conferences where ideas are shared between chapters
- Bio and picture listed on website
- A key experience to add to your resume
- An opportunity to grow and excel your leadership skills
- Promotion of self within the Dallas community