Dallas is a city of big hopes, big success and big talent. Please join us as the The Dallas Junior Chamber of Commerce (DJCC) honors the Five Outstanding Young Dallasites (FOYD) at the House of Blues. The evening will consist of an awards presentation, cocktails, and networking with accomplished young professionals who have made an impact on their community.
FOYD recognizes Dallas young professionals under the age of 40 who have distinguished themselves professionally and/ or socially through substantial contribution to our community and through outstanding achievement benefiting their field. FOYD is part of the Junior Chamber International program Ten Outstanding Young Persons. A portion of proceeds from this event will benefit Circle of Support, a summer learning program for children in low-to-moderate income families.
This Year’s Charitable Cause
A portion of the proceeds from this year’s event will benefit Circle of Support, a summer learning program for children in low-to-moderate income families.
Founded in 1927, FOYD is based on an annual award originally known as The Distinguished Service Award, through which the DJCC recognized local greats such as Julius Schepps, Ray Hunt, Roger Staubach, and James Huffines.
As one of the most outstanding achievements of the Dallas Junior Chamber of Commerce, this award has also been adopted by the United States Jaycees as a national award. FOYD is part of the international program Ten Outstanding Young Persons of the World, or TOYP, held annually at the JCI World Congress.
State and National Opportunity
FOYD recipients have the opportunity to be named one of the Five Outstanding Young Texans (FOYT) and one of the Ten Outstanding Young Americans (TOYA). Of the more than 600 young Americans honored over the past 68 years, many were recognized before the achievements for which they are now best known. Honorees include: John F. Kennedy, Gerald R. Ford, Ann Bancroft, Gale Sayers, Elvis Presley, George H.W. Bush and Bill Clinton.
Past DJCC Recipients
Doak Walker, Walter Humann, Roger Staubach, Ray Hunt, James Huffines and many others have been recognized with the FOYD award. Recently, several FOYD recipients have been recognized at the State and National Level.
- Robert Witte named among 2008 Five Outstanding Young Texans and 2009 Ten Outstanding Young Americans.
- Raj Narayanan and Mary Nix named among 2009 Five Outstanding Young Texans.
- Mark Melton and Michael Morath named among 2009 Five Outstanding Young Texans. Michael Morath has also been named to the Dallas ISD Board of Trustees, District 2 since being recognized by FOYD/FOYT.
- Kristin Bauer – Partner, Jackson Lewis
- Jennifer Duncan Edgeworth – Partner, Hermes Sargent Bates
- Patsy Pei-Ling Yung Micale – Associate Counsel, Central Law Division, U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
- Emmanuel Obi – Corporate Associate, Weil, Gotshal & Manges
- Angela Zambrano – Partner Complex Commercial Litigation Practice, Weil, Gotshal & Manges
- Ashley Blanchette, Managing Director, Robertson, Griege & Thoele Financial Advisors
- Emily Callahan, Senior Vice President, Global Marketing & Networks, Susan G. Komen for the Cure®
- Mark Melton, Associate, Hunton & Williams
- Michael Morath, Chief Operating Officer, Minute Menu Systems, LLC
- Monica Smith, Community Philanthropy Director, Communities Foundation of Texas
- Honorable Roberto Canas, Jr., Presiding Judge, County Criminal Court No. 10
- Raj Narayanan, President and CEO, Aerospace Quality Research and Development, Inc.
- Karl Ninh, Software Engineer, Shared Technologies, Inc.
- Mary Goodrich Nix, Dallas Office Co- Managing Partner, Gordon & Rees, LLP
- Bernadette Nutall, Executive Director, Circle of Support, Inc. and Dallas ISD Board of Trustees, District 9